Wednesday, August 17, 2005

mary blair study

I haven't been posting like I should....ahhhhh! That doesn't mean I'm not working on anything though folks. I'm actually working on a color key but it's not post worthy at this point.

So in the meantime enjoy this Mary Blair study that I painted when I first started using gouache. The original image can be found (pg 67) inside the book The Art and Flair of Mary Blair by John Canemaker. It was a concept painting for Disney's "The Little House" (1952). Anyone who knows me knows I'm a big fan of Mary Blair. Her work is awesome and always inspires.

this study was brought to you in gouache

1 comment:

Osgood McSonogram said...

I hope I never see the original painting this is based on, because I think the original would devalue your painting and your painting is too beautiful to be devalued.